High-profile transactions. Groundbreaking litigation. Deals that make an impact on how the world does business. Davis Polk lawyers handle significant matters for leading companies around the world.
We're recognized for the exceptional strength of our corporate, litigation and tax practices. Our depth in each of these areas, as well as our global reach, brings us challenging, important work on a wide range of matters:
- Sophisticated global M&A deals
- Groundbreaking securities offerings
- High-profile leveraged lending transactions
- High-stakes corporate restructurings around the world
- Corporate governance advice on critical matters for C-suites and boards
- Bet-the-company litigation and enforcement matters throughout the world
- Strategic tax transactional advice and tax litigation defense
- Cutting-edge financial regulatory developments
- Complicated compliance issues
- Innovative FinTech matters
- Complex IP and commercial transactions across multiple industries
As an associate, you’ll be part of a team that delivers the smartest, most innovative solutions to our clients’ needs.
Our corporate practice is at the center of major transactions and legal matters that shape the business world. Our clients – including leading companies and financial institutions around the globe – trust us with their most difficult issues and most exciting opportunities. We have a full range of practices to meet our clients’ needs, ranging from capital markets and M&A to environmental and real estate.
- We advised Uber Technologies on its $8.1 billion SEC-registered IPO and NYSE listing, as well as its $3.2 billion aggregate high-yield senior notes offerings.
- We represented Charles Schwab on its $26 billion all-share acquisition of TD Ameritrade.
- We represented Gilead Sciences on its $21 billion acquisition of Immunomedics.
- We advised on the $2.3 billion debtor-in-possession financing facility for Toys “R” Us and certain of its affiliates..
- We advised on the $1.8 billion SEC-registered IPO and NYSE listing of Rocket Companies.
- We advised on the $1.925 billion SEC-registered IPO and Nasdaq listing of Warner Music Group.
- We advised XP on its $2.25 billion SEC-registered IPO and Nasdaq listing and $954.8 million secondary offering.
Leading companies rely on our highly regarded, broad-based litigation practice for their most challenging matters. We provide strategic guidance and hard-hitting litigation support to our clients during critical times for their businesses, in areas that include securities litigation and enforcement, white collar criminal defense and intellectual property litigation.
- In less than one year, we landed a jury verdict for Comcast awarding millions of dollars in damages and had a multimillion-dollar verdict against Comcast overturned by the trial judge, both of which were upheld on appeal.
- We successfully petitioned the U.S. Supreme Court for vacatur of a Second Circuit decision against IBM in an ERISA class action related to a drop in stock price after IBM took a $4.7 billion writedown in connection with asset divestiture.
- We successfully obtained FTC approval of Roche’s $4.3 billion acquisition of Spark Therapeutics.
- We won multiple victories – including the outright dismissal of one action in its entirety – in first-of-its-kind cryptocurrency securities litigation against the Tezos Foundation.
Our tax lawyers partner closely with clients on sophisticated corporate transactions and complex tax litigation matters. We are a leader in innovating new approaches and solutions in the ever-evolving tax spectrum, working with companies and institutions on U.S., international and cross-border matters.
- We acted as special tax counsel to Pfizer on the combination of its off-patent branded and generic medicines business, Upjohn, with Mylan in a Reverse Morris Trust transaction.
- We advised Lockheed Martin in connection with the separation and combination of its realigned Information Systems & Global Solutions business with Leidos in a $4.6 billion Reverse Morris Trust transaction.
Learn more about our practices at davispolk.com.