We offer four-week vacation schemes in both the summer and winter for students interested in being considered for training contracts and two-year programs that provide intensive training and a deep understanding of the Asian legal market.
During our Hong Kong vacation scheme programs, you’ll be immersed in the Davis Polk experience. You’ll have the opportunity to work on international transactions for various clients and attend in-depth training programs and information sessions focused on the work of our Asia practice, as well as social events with Davis Polk lawyers.
There are four-week vacation schemes in both the summer and winter for students interested in being considered for training contracts.
How to Apply
- Applications for our 2018 summer vacation scheme must be received by January 31, 2018.
- Please complete the online application and be sure to include a resumé, transcript and cover letter indicating the year you intend to commence a training contract and why you would like to be considered for a vacation scheme at Davis Polk.
- Applications are considered on a rolling basis.
Trainee solicitors in our Hong Kong office play an integral role on client teams working with established and emerging Chinese companies, the Chinese government and state-owned entities, global financial institutions and leading multinational corporations. As a trainee solicitor, you’ll have the opportunity to work closely with and learn from highly regarded Davis Polk lawyers who will help you build your skills and develop deep understanding of the Asian legal market.
Trainees rotate through both the corporate and litigation practice groups in Hong Kong. In addition, each has the opportunity to go on a six-month secondment to the New York office in the second year of their training contract, along with the opportunity to sit the New York Bar.
How to Apply
- We will begin recruiting for our 2020 trainee contracts in September of 2017.
- Applications for our 2020 training contract must be received by August 1, 2018. Please complete the online application and be sure to include a CV, transcript and cover letter. Applications are considered on a rolling basis.
- If you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact Ronnie Poon.