Training in London
Our London training contract is a two-year program that gives you topnotch training and a range of experiences to ensure a successful start to your career as an English-qualified lawyer.
We will be running our vacation schemes in June and July of 2018 from which we will recruit our 2020 trainee intake. Our vacation schemes offer a perfect introduction to a career in law and to life at Davis Polk. You’ll work on international transactions for some of the firm's world-class clients and learn about our practice, our culture and our distinctive approach to client service. It will allow you to get to know our firm and us to get to know you.
If selected as one of our London trainees, you'll study a corporate finance-focused Legal Practice Course at the University of Law before joining us. During your training contract you’ll have the chance to experience our corporate and credit practices, spend time in a specialist area of law like tax, financial regulation or antitrust and benefit from a six-month secondment to our office in New York. You will share an office with a senior lawyer, receive tailored training to develop your personal and legal skills and have extensive access to our team of partners.
How to Apply
- 2018 vacation scheme applications will be accepted from penultimate-year law students, final-year non-law students and postgraduates wishing to commence a training contract in 2020.
- Applications open on December 1, 2017, and close on January 14, 2018. We will conduct interviews in the second half of January 2018 and expect to offer a total of 20 places for our two vacation schemes each of two-week duration.
- 2020 trainee solicitors will be recruited from the 2018 vacation scheme participants. We currently expect to offer around four places for our 2020 intake.
- Please submit your application by email with a cover letter, CV and a detailed breakdown of academic results, addressed to the Training Principal at email@example.com.
- If you have any questions regarding the application process, please join us on campus, on one of our open days or email firstname.lastname@example.org.