Training in London
Our London training contract is a two-year programme that gives you excellent training and a range of experiences to ensure a successful start to your career as an English law-qualified lawyer. We will recruit our 2022 trainee intake from our summer 2020 vacation scheme participants.
What to Expect
Our vacation scheme offers a perfect introduction to a career in law and to Davis Polk. You’ll work on international transactions for some of our major clients and learn about our practice, culture and distinctive approach to client care.
If selected as one of our London trainees, before joining us you’ll study a nine-month corporate finance-focused LPC at the University of Law. Throughout your two-year training contract that follows, you’ll experience both our corporate and finance practices, spend time in a specialist area of law (tax, financial regulatory or antitrust), and work in our New York office for six months. You’ll share an office with a senior lawyer, receive tailored training and have extensive access to our partners.
Applications for our 2020 vacation scheme will be considered from penultimate-year law students, final-year nonlaw students and postgraduates wishing to begin a training contract in August 2022. Applications will be accepted between 1 December 2019 and 11 January 2020. Interviews will take place in the second half of January 2020. We expect to offer around 20 places for our two vacation schemes, each of two weeks’ duration. Vacation scheme students receive a salary of £500 per week.
Our 2022 trainee intake will be recruited from the 2020 vacation scheme participants. We expect to offer around four places. Notwithstanding forthcoming SRA changes to the qualification process, we expect our 2022 trainee intake to study the LPC in 2021-2022.
How to Apply
- Submit your application by email with a cover letter, CV and a detailed breakdown of academic results, addressed to the Training Principal at email@example.com.
- If you have any questions about applying, email firstname.lastname@example.org or join us at one of our recruiting events in Autumn 2019 and Spring 2020.
Upcoming Recruiting Events
- 21 October 2019: University of Nottingham Law Fair
- 22 October 2019: King’s College London Law Fair
- 24 October 2019: University of Cambridge Law Fair
- 28 October 2019: UCL Law Fair
- 9 November 2019: University of Oxford Law Fair
- 22 November 2019: Open Day for second year law students at our London office
- 6 March 2020: Open Day for first-year law students at our London office
Build Your Future: Davis Polk London
Immerse yourself in complex and engaging matters, working side by side with some of the best lawyers in the world. We offer an experience like no other – challenging and inspiring – and we give you the tools and knowledge to become a leader in your field.