Who We Are
Welcome to a firm like no other. Davis Polk is one of the world’s most admired firms, with top-tier clients and an enviable reputation.
We are also proud of our collaborative, close-knit culture. You’ll receive mentoring and training to develop your skills, in an atmosphere of respect and support.
As an associate, you’ll dig into complex, absorbing work that involves assignments, clients and colleagues from around the world.
We have offices in major financial centers in the United States, Europe, Asia and South America, and our clients include multinational corporations, global financial institutions and organizations with matters that span borders, languages, cultures and jurisdictions.
Davis Polk is recognized for the exceptional strength of our corporate, litigation and tax practices. Our depth in each of these areas, as well as our global reach, brings us challenging, important work on a wide range of matters:
- Sophisticated global M&A deals
- Groundbreaking securities offerings
- High-profile leveraged lending transactions
- High stakes complex corporate restructurings around the world
- Corporate governance advice on critical matters for C-suites and boards
- Bet-the-company litigation and enforcement matters throughout the world
- Strategic tax transactional advice and tax litigation defense
- Cutting-edge financial regulatory developments
- Innovative FinTech matters
- Complex IP and commercial transactions across multiple industries
- Corporate: At the center of major transactions and legal matters that shape the world’s financial industry.
- Litigation: Relied on by leading companies from around the globe for their most challenging matters.
- Tax: Working closely with clients on sophisticated corporate transactions and complex tax litigation matters.
As an associate, you’ll be part of a team that delivers the smartest, most innovative solutions to our clients’ needs.
Every year, our lawyers devote tens of thousands of hours to pro bono matters, applying their professional skills to address legal matters for people and organizations that need the most assistance. We encourage our associates to get involved in causes and cases that are important to them.
Pro bono at the firm is supported from the Management Committee, down. There is a tremendous sense here of what a privileged position it is to be a Davis Polk lawyer and of our duty to give back by serving the greater good. Our pro bono work ensure that people in need have a resource where they can get the best representation available. And for our newer lawyers, it provides invaluable training.”
– Frank Azzopardi, IP and Technology Partner
We dedicate our considerable pro bono resources across a number of vital areas:
- Asylum and immigration
- Civil rights
- Criminal justice
- Domestic violence and family law
- Gay, lesbian and transgender rights
- International human rights
- Veterans assistance
Learn more about our pro bono practice at davispolk.com.